Use this as a tasty side dish or add some to your salad. You can drink a 1/2 cup daily as a refreshing fermented, probiotic drink.
- 1 T black mustard seeds
- 4-5 carrots, julienned or cut into strips
- 1 large beet, julienned or cut into strips
- 8 c filtered or distilled water
- 1 T fine iodized salt
- 1 T black salt, available at any Indian Grocer
- 1 gallon size glass jar with lid
- 1 cheese cloth
- 1 rubberband
Crush the mustard seeds with a mortar/pestle or use a coffee grinder
Chop carrots and beets as directed
Combine all the ingredients in the jar. Place the cheesecloth on the top of the jar and secure with the rubberband.
Place jar in a sunny spot for 1 week. Stir daily with a wooden spoon. After the week has passed place a lid on the jar and store in the refrigerator.