https://ommanicenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/recipe-potato-salad-wide.png 300 1200 Maryanne Riege, Certified Holistic Health Coach http://ommanicenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ommani-Website-Logo.png Maryanne Riege, Certified Holistic Health Coach2018-05-08 11:30:422018-05-08 11:32:34Potato Salad with Avocado and Dill
Potato Salad with Avocado and Dill Recipe from Forks Over Knives Cookbook
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon or less Herbamare seasoning or sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup or liquid sweetener
- optional, to balance the acidic lemon and spicy mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh dill packed and then chopped
- ½ bunch green onions green part, sliced
- 3 stalks celery trimmed and sliced
- ½ white onion diced
Wash the potatoes and cut out any bad spots or eyes.
Steam gently for about 10 minutes, until just fork tender through the center. Immediately run under cold water to prevent further cooking.
For best results, refrigerate the cooked potatoes for about an hour. (This ensures they don’t fall apart when slicing.)
Quarter the potatoes and peel if desired. Place in a large bowl.
Peel and mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, mustard, paprika, Herbamare or salt and maple syrup (if using), and stir into the avocado to create a dressing. Season with pepper to taste.
Add the dill, green onion, celery, onion and avocado dressing to the potatoes. Toss gently until everything is coated. Tast test and adjust seasonings if desired.
Serve the same day or refrigerate and serve the next day (as the avocado darkens and breaks down quickly).
Here’s a short YouTube link that illustrates the preparation of the recipe> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqrDV5h9CPo