Available Position at the Ommani Center
Certified Medical Assistant
- Patient intake – Collect vitals, review medical history, prepare patient for physician consult; including room prep
- Patient records kept via Electronic Medical Record Systems (EPIC & Practice Fusion)
- Patient interaction & phone contact as directed by physicians re medical results, prescriptions, testing, referrals, wellbeing, etc.
- Assist physicians with procedures
- Process administrative tasks connected to patient care – precertifications/preauthorizations as required
- Must have joy and strong desire for people contact/care
Successful candidate will need:
- Experience with EMR or eagerness to train
- Medical Assistant Certification from qualified college or technical school; related education or experience
- Minimum 2 year prior experience (or more) preferred, but new AAMA certified graduates encouraged to apply
- Ability to multi-task; flexibility in fast paced office environment
- Excellent ability to communicate in positive fashion with staff and patients in person and on phone
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, lab resulting , HIPAA; strong sense of confidentiality required
- Qualified applicant must embrace, model and exemplify our vision* and standard of care practice; additional duties include patient education in lifestyle, exercise, smoking cessation, diet, self-care.
- Must have impeccable references
Competitive hourly wage.
Health insurance benefits are not currently available with this position, but complementary care benefits are offered after probationary period.
We have a very loyal, dynamic, and diverse patient population that deserves to be treated with respect, care, positivity, and expertise. We are looking for someone who has the passion to be a part of our thriving and positive community of patients and practitioners who are seeking and facilitating health.
*For information about the vision and mission of The Ommani Center, visit www.ommanicenter.com
Interested candidates should apply with letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org