- 1 bunch organic dandelion greens 3 cups washed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped and left to rest for 10 min
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts lightly roasted in the toaster oven for 1 minute on low
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a blender and blend on high. While ingredients are blending, pour olive oil in a slow stream till incorporated.
Serve with crackers or vegetable sticks or use as a salad dressing, sandwich spread or pasta sauce. This is a highly nutritious and very versatile pesto.
Dandelion greens are the ultimate health food. They are rich in vitamins A, B, C, Em K and folic acid. They are also rich in calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium.
In Chinese medicine, they are used to treat stomach and liver issues, act as a coolant, a cleanser and a detoxifier.