https://ommanicenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/White-Bean-soup.png 628 1200 Maryanne Riege, Certified Holistic Health Coach https://ommanicenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ommani-Logo-New-845x250.png Maryanne Riege, Certified Holistic Health Coach2018-10-03 13:50:572018-10-09 13:25:55Italian White Bean Soup
Italian White Bean Soup
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- ¼ C onion chopped
- 30 oz can cannellini beans white kidney beans; or use cooked, dried beans prepared according to instructions.
- 1-1/2 C water
- 1-1/2 Tsp dried sage crushed
- ½ Tsp dried basil crushed
- ½ Tsp sea salt
- ¼ C celery chopped
- ¼ C carrots chopped
- ½ C fresh spinach
- 1/8 Tsp black Pepper
Heat oil in large saucepan, saute the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
Add celery, carrots, sage, basil, beans, water, and sea salt.
Cover, bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes
Add black pepper and spinach and simmer an additional 2 minutes
(If you wish, you may puree the soup in a blender before adding pepper and spinach.)