Beginning January 1, 2019, there was a change in our electronic medical record (EMR) system.
The change applies to the following doctor and practitioners:
Kalpana (Rose) Kumar, M.D.
Aimee Brown, LAc
Shelley Carpenter, PT, RYT, RM
Eric Ehrke, LCSW, LMFT
David Johnson, CCH
Boris Matthews, Ph.D., LCSW
Tammy Winkleman, LMT, RN
This change DOES NOT apply to Dr. Kocourek who continues to use EPIC and the MyChart messaging system.
The new EMR is called Practice Fusion; its messaging feature is called Patient Portal. We would encourage you to use the Patient Portal – it is a secure and efficient way to communicate with your provider, however, it remains your choice. In early January, patient/clients with scheduled appointments in 2019, were sent an email invitation to join the Patient Portal. If you would like to participate and have not received that email message, please call our office at 262.695.5311 we will be happy to send an invitation immediately.
Once you receive the email invitation, follow the instructions to set up your Patient Portal access.
After you have set up your Portal you may send messages to your doctor or practitioner by:
- Going to your homepage – on the left side you have a list of options – Choose messages
- Click on the orange New Message tab.
- You will find a drop-down at the top – choose your provider there.
- The box underneath is your subject – type a few words describing your issue.
- Below the subject box, you’ll find a box that allows you to type a complete message about your medical need/question.
- Once complete, click the send button found at the bottom.
DO NOT USE THE PATIENT PORTAL TO SEND EMERGENT OR URGENT MESSAGES – Always call our office at 262.695.5311 if you need immediate assistance or care.
Your provider’s response will be found under the Messages tab of your home page
When a provider message has been posted, an alert will appear right on the Messages tab. Please allow a day or two for your provider to respond – doctors/practitioners see patients throughout the day and address messages as they are able.