Tammy Winkleman, LMT, RN
Tammy specializes in offering individualized massage sessions to fit each clients’ unique health needs. Tammy uses many techniques during her massages that include:
- Therapeutic – uses Trigger Point ( a tight area in muscles tissue that causes pain and may produce a transfer of pain to other areas of the body) therapy and Precision Neuromuscular therapy to relieve localized knots, reduce tension in stressed muscles, improve circulation, and assist in relieving pain in the body
- Deep Tissue – a more aggressive massage designed to relieve tension
- Cupping – is a form of alternative medicine in which cups are placed on the skin to create suction in order to increase blood flow, reduce inflammation and activate lymphatic drainage
- Swedish – uses soothing patterns to manipulate the soft tissue and release tension, includes hot towels and warm stones
- CranioSacral therapy – a gentle manual therapy that helps to relieve pain, stress and discomfort.
- Prenatal Massage – designed to help the expectant mother relax and enjoy time for herself while alleviating tension and soothing away body soreness
- Hot towels, hot stones and essential oils
Tammy’s background is in healthcare as a Registered Nurse and but her passion has centered around the complementary modality of massage. Tammy’s interest in bodywork began while she was a nurse case manager in hospice and home care. After completing her certification (Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals), she honed her skills in the chiropractic setting treating acute and chronic conditions. She is dedicated and committed to her clients’ health and well being.
It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together!