https://ommanicenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/32019-pesto.png 312 820 Rose Kumar M.D. https://ommanicenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/ommani-header-web-970w-01302020.png Rose Kumar M.D.2019-03-08 17:26:492019-03-08 17:29:23Vegan Spinach Pesto
Vegan Spinach Pesto
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts almonds or hazelnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley lightly packed (tender stems only)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- ⅓ cup/ 80ml freshly squeezed lemon juice about 2 lemons
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup / 35g nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ cup water more to obtain desired consistency
Mince the garlic with a knife or through a garlic press. Add all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend till smooth.
Pour over cooked pasta and mix thoroughly. Add more salt to taste.
I add stir-fried broccoli and roasted vegetables and cooked cannelloni beans to cooked hemp pasta and mix in the pesto. It makes a nutritious well-balanced meal.
Modified from “Parsley/Spinach Pesto” from My New Roots.